Lagler Australia- Superkart Racing

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Confirmed- it's very sick

No surprises here but the motor has blown a main bearing and needs a complete overhaul. I'm expecting it to be buzzing again by 9th June. We hope so because Winton is only available for practice twice between now and the Mallala nationals which will be upon us quicker than Fernando Alonso escaping from a horde of Spanish F1 groupies.


Then we have to go through the despised ritual of running it all in. Ugh!! After that we'll know if my new go-fast mods have made any difference and I can start making bold F1-style predictions like "the package is very promising and we look forward to some substantial performance gains". Which is motorsport speak for "we've got no idea how quick it's going to be but rest assured if we come last we'll make some classy excuses etc etc..."

At least (until the end of the year) I've got the excuse that I'm still on a "probie" licence and have to start from rear of grid. So there. Leave me alone.

By the way, you may notice on the Superkartsaustralia.com site, my driver profile is listed under the name "Phillip Atherton". I can assure everyone that it is definitely still me. I suppose I have been called worst things. The site is maintained by Jon Crooke who gladly acknowledges his own insanity. This very same lunatic streak once helped him win the Aust Formula 2 Championship and drive for Brock's HDT at Bathurst in 1987 before Brocky stole his car.


Jim, er, Jerry, er Johann, er, Jon Crooke driving for Phillip Brock. I mean Peter.